Thursday, December 11, 2014

Themed Thursday: Vintage Domino Melange Card Set




Welcome back to The Aviary for more stamping inspiration!
Amanda here, and I am super excited to be sharing Themed Thursday with you all!
Today I have created this gorgeous card set using only scraps from my stash &
Here's the first two cards in the set......

Simple, clean and absolute 'wow' factor!
The stamps literally complete the cards; oh-so-striking!
Here's the other two cards from the set......


So feminine and girly! Just divine!

& the best part is anyone can make them! 
(Perfectly pretty cards for beginners through to serious stamping addicts)

Here's how......


Start by stamping the Vintage Domino Melange Stamps in black ink onto some scrap cardstock.
I am totally loving kraft again so hence my cardstock choice,
 but white or light coloured card would work well also.

Next you will need to create your card bases.
Take 2 sheets of 12 x 12in cardstock (again I chose Kraft),
 slice both sheets in half, score and fold to create a total of four 6in square cards.
Cut your Vintage Domino Melange images out & start arranging with your scraps.

Here's my 'vintage' card.....


To complete this card, attach a strip of scrapbooking paper, 
& embellish it with ribbon and lace.
Mount the stamped image onto cardstock, 
attach to card with mounting tape 
and finish with a few pearls and flowers.
Soooooo pretty! (& so simple too!)

Here's my super cute doily card up-close.......


A really modern card that sings happiness!

Here's how to recreate this beauty....


Attach doily to card base and then attach ribbon & bow.


Use some pretty paper scraps to create a fun background for your stamp image.


Attach the Domino Vintage Melange stamped image & Voila!!!
Another super quick but really lovely card.

For my next two cards, I decided to paper the card bases.

Here's my feminine, girly 'left-overs' card....


I really loved this paper collection but only had snippets of it left. 
So in good recycle fashion, I used the snippets to my advantage - 
creating interest and drawing the eye to those stunning stamped images.
This one's my absolute fave!!! Love it!

My final card in the set has a really contemporary and fresh look....


Double paper base, a bit of chipboard, some gemstones & you're done!
So simple but so beautiful!

I hope these cards have inspired you to give the Vintage Domino Melange stamps a try!
They're so very versatile - just look at how different these cards all are - and they suit all types of creative projects.

Thanks for joining me today!

For more beautiful but simple creative ideas please visit my blog,







1 comment:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...