Saturday, December 13, 2014

Scrapbook Saturday - Treasured Memories



Welcome back to The Aviary!


Amanda here today sharing a super fun layout with you all!
This is my final guest designer post here at The Aviary, 
so I wanted to share a mixed media scrapbook layout!
Hope you like it.....

"Treasured Memories" layout


I love this! So bright, fun and oh-so-cool too!
Lots of mixed media juiciness here! & how cool are those stamps?!!!
So  do you want to know how I created this lil number?
Well, it's so easy I can guarantee you'll be giving it a go!
Here's how.......


On white 12 x 12in cardstock
position a stencil/template and apply texture paste. 
Heat gun dry, then colour with Tropical 4pk Gelatos, as shown above.  


Activate gelatos with water (paintbrush or spray bottle works well) 
& adhere chipboard elements.


Coat chipboard thoroughly with gelatos, and this time activate with a coloured misting spray.
Allow colours to run!!! 


Once dry, commence the stampy inky fun! 
For boldness & a super striking effect,
I used a black permanent ink for all my stamp work on this layout.
I started by stamping my background with Art Textures Stamp Set in random repeated patterns
(as shown above)



Because this page is all about my two darlings 
- my lil prince and princess - 
I couldn't help but use the Crowns Stamp Set.
This stamp embellishes my page perfectly! Too cute! 


I then randomly stamped both the heart stamps from the 
Say It - Thanks Clear Stamp Set.
As you can see, it really adds to the layout.



Next, I attached my chipboard framed photo, and embellished it with a few blooms.
I used a lil black gesso on my title, and attached to page.
For my final finishing touches I added a few strands of frayed muslin.

And Voila!

 

That's how I created this super cute, inky, messy, fun layout!
Told you it was super easy! 
Hope you'll try it today!

As this is my final guest post I would just like to say an enormous THANKYOU to Carrie & the fabulous Design Team here who have been truly wonderful to me! :)
I would also like to thank all of you for your amazing comments and support - it means so much!
I will be keeping an eye out for all your wonderful creative link ups in 2015!

Thankyou & happy stamping!

For more colourful and inspiring creations, please be sure to visit my blog,






4 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...