Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sea Melange Tag

*****To join our February Challenge: Anything Goes, CLICK HERE*****


Hello PWP Fans!  Norma here with you and I've got summer on my mind.  I'm so tired of winter aren't you?!  When the weather warms up, we head to the beach.  It's one of my all time favorite places to be.  There is something so magical about the sea, it seems to just make the rest of the world just fade away and transports you to a place of complete tranquility.  Well at least that's what it does for me, lol.  So today "What's up" is Sea Melange!!

I created this tag using the beautiful Sea Melange stamp set along with this month's set of the month, Vintage Melange

I started out by stamping a collage of images on the background then spraying it with Lindy's to add color and shimmer.  The ship is on the Sea Melange set and the gorgeous flourishes (which I love) is on the Vintage Melange set.

Next I pulled out some Vintage Photo and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks to add another layer of interest using the Tim Holtz Clockwork stencil.  I just rubbed both colors over the stencil.  It makes it look like the sun shining through the water.

I colored in the mermaid with Prismacolor pencils.  They're my favorite medium for coloring in stamped images.  I go heavy along the edges then pull the color out using a Prismacolor colorless blending marker.  I also like layering several colors when coloring.  I think it really helps bring the image to life.

Once I cut her out, I started playing with placement but nothing was really working for me.  So my solution was to give her a place to sit.  I found a shell and applied a light layer of gesso to it then spritz it with Lindy's.  After it was dry, I stamped some of the fish to it and glued it on.  I also added a tassel made of shells.  I cut it off of a plant hanger that I'd picked up at Goodwill awhile back.  I was gonna use it for my gypsy Halloween costume but I never used it.

Oh yes, much better!!  

I used one of the quotes on the Sea Melange set:  She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her away, she adjusted her sails. ~Elizabeth Edwards

Here is a closer look at the ship.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and in case you missed Amber's beautiful project on Monday, here is the link: Mixed Media Monday - Wildflower Frame.  Have a beautiful day!!



3 comments:

  1. Stunning tag Norma! Your stamped scene is so beautiful and I love all the shells. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Your tag is amazing Norma!! Love the mermaid, the shells, the texture, i love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, love the paint shell and your stamped background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...