Friday, September 27, 2013

Feature Friday:With Some Sparkle

Happy Friday everyone!  Erica here to share with you this weeks Feature Friday and I have chosen to feature the cling mount stamp set With Some Sparkle.  If you like glitter and shine then this stamp set is definitely for you!  It is great for all types of projects and today I am using it along with products from my stash and the Paper Wings Productions Shop.  This year is going by so quickly and soon I will need to start my journal for 2014!  So I pulled a blank journal I had in my stash and began to create my cover using this fabulous stamp set With Some Sparkle.  My journal had a great chipboard cover that was nice and thick and already had a hexagon pattern etched into it.  So I pulled out a handful of mists, inks and paint and went to town decorating my cover.  After I had a layer of color mists down I chose one of my glimmer mist and sprayed the whole cover to add some extra sparkle!  You can find a great selection of mists and inks the PWP shop HERE!  Next I took one of our great background stamps, inked it up with some black ink, stamped once on scrap paper and then again on my journal for a lighter effect.  I did this in a few random places on my journal.  Once that was done I grabbed a stencil and some white ink and created some circles, once again in random places.  We have some great STENCILS in our shop and they are just screaming your name!  If you are have never used them before they are a lot of fun!  Check out this great post from Norma using stencils  HERE.  Once my white ink was dry it was time to start stamping!  I stamped out the fabulous tiara image in the bottom left of my journal in black ink and added a rhinestone to the center of the tiara!


Next I stamped one of the great sayings in this stamp set on top of the circles I had just added to my journal cover! 


I love this saying and it is the perfect title for my 2014 journal!  I then took two more sentiments from the set and masked off the stamps leaving just the word SPARKLE and stamped them out on my cover! 



  I added a few embellishments some washi tape and outlined a few of the hexagons and colored some in with Gelatos from the PWP Shop.  Once I had everything down I took my white color mist and added a few droplets and called it done...well sort of.  I am sure as the time goes on things will slowly be added to my cover but for now this is my finished project!



Thanks so much for joining me today and as always I appreciate your comments very much!  Please visit us and share your creations using Paper Wings Productions products on our FACEBOOK page, PINTEREST, FLICKER GROUP and we are also on INSTAGRAM so tag us @paperwingsproductions and use #paperwingsproductions!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous notebook Erica! I love all the shimmer and shine and the pretty pastel color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely notebook, loving the ink splatters and the glittery embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring journal! Love the sentiments and the way you designed the cover, so artistic! Gotta get me some gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, your 2014 art journal is beautiful. I love the colors you used, the fun stamps, theme and use of embellishments. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...