Wednesday, August 1, 2012

8/1 What's up Wednesday


Happy Wednesday Peeps!




Today I am going to share a scrapbook page that I made.  I wanted to challenge myself to make an entire layout with just one sheet of paper.  All other patterns and textures had to be done with stamps.  


 I started with a sheet of Glitz paper.  I love Glitz papers, this one is from their Laced with Grace collection.
 

I decided where I wanted my photo to go on the layout and traced around the picture.  This gave me a guide to make a frame.


I started with one of the flower stamps from the Flower Power cling set.   I used a Memento ink pad, Rich Cocoa and stamped all around the line I traced.


 Using the same color, I stamped the flower spray from the Flower Power set.


 Next, I stamped the right edge of the cardstock with a stamp from the Text Melange cling set.


I did not reapply the ink and just kept stamping down the page.  The made the image appear lighter and lighter every time I stamped.

 On the left side I stamped some images from the Art Textures cling set.


I did end up using one small little tag from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology line.  I stamped the word "cherish" from the Banner clear set at the bottom edge of the tag.


I layered on the photo on the tag and decided that I needed a little depth in my stamping



 I decided to add more stamped images with a black Memento pad.



I added text with the Funky Alphabet clear set.  The best thing about clear stamps is that you can see where you are going to stamp!  Makes adding words to your project a breeze!


The final touch was the one of the big flowers from the Flower Power set that I stamped in opposite corners. 


I have to say that I am pleased with my challenge.  Could you create a layout with just stamps?  I challenge you to make a card or scrapbook layout with only stamps.  If you make one, I hope you will share!


Enjoy the flight!
Carrie


Stamps: Art Textures, Flower Power, Funky Alphabet, Banner, and Text Melange
Ink: Memento Ink Pads: Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black from Tsukineko
Paper: Glitz paper
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White and Chocolate Chip from Stampin' Up!
Embellishments:  Journaling Tag from Tim Holtz

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I could ever do a scrapbook page without layers and embellishments but after seeing this page I might try! This page is beautiful - I think the B&W photo is also a plus. Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...