Friday, June 29, 2012

Feature Friday

Hello peeps!

This week I want to feature a couple of tags recently made by some of my friends.  First up is the lovie Ms. Liz Allen.  I have had the pleasure of calling Liz my friend for the past 14 years (holy cow, has it really been that long?!?).  Liz makes awesome samples that are heavy on the embellishing and the bling.  


 Liz's tag features our Mermaid, Art Textures, and Flower Power sets.   The background was created by stamping images from Art Textures and Flower Power in a soft aqua color.  All the other images were stamped separately, cut out, and then mounted onto the tag.


 Liz adhered the stamped images in a manner that left the edges slightly raised off the surface of the tag.  She gently curled the edges of the sun and the waves to give extra dimension.  She also used foam tape where needed to layer the images on top of one another.  Of course, the final touch included a glazing of Rock Candy Distress Stickles for that extra little bit of bling.  Too cute Liz, thanks so much!


This week I also had the pleasure of having an artist night out with a few friends, including my pal Jason, who was in town visiting.  Jason made this AWESOME tag while we were hanging out.  I just love it.  I begged to keep it but settled for taking pics to share with you.


Jason used our Wings set with a metal pen nib from Tim Holtz. Jason just so happens to sell on those cool little nibs on his online store.  He also used the Banner Day set for the Celebrate Banner.


The Celebrate banner and ruffled edge at the bottom of the tag were done with Kraft Glassine paper also from Tim Holtz.


I hope you enjoy these tags as much as I have.  I feel blessed to have such amazing and talented friends.  If you're out there creating something this weekend with our stamps, we sure would LOVE to see!  We hope you'll share with us!

Enjoy the flight!
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. What awesome tags! I used the Mermaid stamp this weekend to create my ATC cards for July's meeting. She is so cute, and her details are just facinating! I love her so much, and as soon as I finish my cards I will send in a picture to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tags are gorgeous, but I would expect no less from Liz and Jason. I would love to see more from these two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags, they're all beautiful! I recently purchased some of your stamps and I'm having so much fun playing with them. So far I've used a stamp from Melnage 3 Gypsy and Melange 1 Women. I'm a new follower and would love to show you what I did with your products :D

    Norma G.
    www.lilhoneybeestudios.blogspot.com
    artist.normagomez@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...