Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What's Up Wednesday - Metallic Embossed Embellishments





What's Up Peeps?

It's What's Up Wednesday!  I've been looking for new techniques to use on my cards, and it turns out, this technique is an oldie, but a goodie.  I like to heat emboss, and here is a different way to use it on your projects. Check out the metallic embellishment just above the sentiment on this card.  The images for this card use stamps from Melange 5 Architecture.



I made it using Versamark Ink by Tsukineko, metallic embossing powder (EP), a heat tool, and a rubberstamp.  Let me be clear here - RUBBER stamp.  You will be pressing the rubberstamp into the hot melted EP, and the clear stamp will not hold up to this heat.  Here are some closeup photos of the steps.






I love how detailed the image comes out.  You must be careful though!  Make sure your RUBBER stamp is completely inked with the Versamark ink so that it will not get stuck in the hot embossing powder.  This is a fun technique and I hope you will try it!

That's What's Up this Wednesday!!!!!

Julie

1 comment:

  1. What a great embellishment and technique, Julie! I used to use this technique years ago at SAA, but your's are much more elegant. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...